I came up with the idea for this interview because I’ve been observing Muslims discuss the Alt-Right on social media and it’s become clear 90% of us don’t know what the hell we’re talking about.
Best-selling American author, screenwriter, and director Michael Crichton says…
Briefly stated, the Gell-Mann Amnesia effect is as follows. You open the newspaper to an article on some subject you know well. In Murray’s case, physics. In mine, show business.
You read the article and see the journalist has absolutely no understanding of either the facts or the issues. Often, the article is so wrong it actually presents the story backward—reversing cause and effect. I call these the “wet streets cause rain” stories.
Paper’s full of them.
In any case, you read with exasperation or amusement the multiple errors in a story, and then turn the page to national or international affairs, and read as if the rest of the newspaper was somehow more accurate about Palestine than the baloney you just read.
You turn the page, and forget what you know.
For the past year or so I’ve noticed my Muslim community’s willingness to blindly accept what the mainstream media tells them on many issues, even though we have ample experience to the contrary in their reporting on Muslims and Islam.
It’s the Gell-Man Amnesia effect in action. And it’s been going on for some time.
We see it our blind support of the radical leftist movement Black Lives Matter.
We saw it when Muslims went to protest the Dakota pipeline, taking the Standing Rock tribe at their word without bothering to get all the facts.
We saw it when Muslims believed Donald Trump is a racist, despite 40 years of evidence to the contrary in his behavior as a businessman and public figure.
Now, we see it when Muslims discuss politics and quote-unquote “the Right”. More specifically, the Alt-Right.
Muslims are happy to refer to the NY Times (responsible for selling Americans second Iraq war based on lies) and the Washington Post (responsible for selling them the first Iraq war, also based on lies) for their information on the alt-right, along with other fake news publications.
These are the same people who told you last year Donald Trump didn’t have a chance in hell of winning the election.
Now, some of you may not care to know who the alt-right or the new right really are and how they fit into right-wing politics.
Maybe you’ll say, “they’re all the same to me”, in which case you are not my audience.
In fact, you should unsubscribe from this podcast, unsubscribe from my mailing list, and never visit my website ever again.
For the rest of you, the intelligent Muslim men who I want reading and listening to my content, you’ll enjoy the interview I’ve got planned for my guest.
Today, I’m speaking to Ali Abdul Razaq Akbar, a VIP political consultant and digital media strategist for the Republican party.
Ali’s political connections reach every level of the American government. He joins me to talk about the origins of the Alt-Right and the New Right, and the differences between the two. We also talk about a bunch of related topics ranging from Donald Trump to postmodernism, to 4Chan.
An interesting fellow, especially since with a name like that he’s not Muslim!
Highlights from the Show
- [00:25] What is the Gell-Mann Amnesia effect and why it is screwing up the way we Muslims understand reality?
- [04:10] How does someone with a name like Ali Abdul Razaq Akbar end up a) a Southern Baptist Christian and b) a Republican political consultant?
- [06:25] What is Ali’s pedigree and credibility in the Republican party and how did he become a VIP with a massive network?
- [10:02] What is the true story of the founding of the Tea Party movement and what did Ali have to do with it?
- [13:36] How Ali went from actively opposing Donald Trump’s entry into Republican politics in 2011, to meeting and hanging out with him in 2014, to not supporting him in the 2016 Republican primaries, to finally becoming a Trump supporter
- [21:48] Why Ali thinks Feminism and other postmodernist movements are a greater threat to America than terrorism
- [23:00] Ali and I take a deep dive into the origins of the Alt-Right…Where did it come from? Who coined the term? What is its ideological or political make-up?
- [25:30] Who are the major Alt-Right public figures?
- [28:35] How are Neo-Nazis, White Supremacists, the Ku Klux Klan etc. connected to the Alt-Right?
- [32:48] Why do Neo-Nazis, KKK, and White Supremacists in the Alt-Right reject Donald Trump?
- [35:00] Why do the Alt-Right have a love-hate relationship with Jews and Muslims?
- [37:06] Who are the “New Right”? Are they an off-shoot of the Alt-Right or are they something completely different?
- [43:10] Why did some New Right figures associate with the Alt-Right before distancing themselves from the group?
- [49:15] Branding is everything…the media is everything…why no one cares if the Alt-Right really are Neo-Nazis
- [53:10] If reality is a social construct, whoever controls the media controls reality
- [55:45] Who are the major New Right public figures?
- [59:05] Why are foreigners (non-Americans) like Milo Yiannopolous, Paul Joseph Watson, Stefan Molyneux, and Lauren Southern so influential in the New Right and Alt-Right?
- [1:03:50] Ali and I break down the meaning and significance of memes, memetic warfare, and meme magic
- [1:07:30] Was Hillary Clinton really sick or did Trump supporters give her the Evil Eye?
- [1:10:10] Where does /pol/ (4chan) fit into all of this?
- [1:15:00] The grand social experiment being conducted by /pol/
- [1:15:53] Why Ali and I are agents of controlled chaos, and how we operate as interdimensional travelers on the internet.
- [1:18:46] Why are living in the era of “based” thinking – the great mistake of believing Nationalism is spreading around the world
- [1:20:45] Where can you find Ali online? On Twitter.
- What the Alternative Right is – 16 points by Vox Day
- What’s the Difference Between the New Right and the Alt-Right? – Ali A. Akbar
- Strategic Priorities for the MAGA Movement – Jeff Giesea
- A New Type of Republican – Jeff Giesea’s remarks at the Deploraball
- What Buzzfeed Ben Smith gets Right and Wrong About New Right Media – Mike Cernovich
- Republican Establishment Left Gasping for Air as Trump Embraces New Right – Brandon Austin for Cernovich Media
What questions would you have liked to ask Ali about the Alt-Right and the New Right that I didn’t ask during the interview?
Leave a comment below and let me know. If I see some good ones I’ll ask Ali to drop by and answer them.